Monday, August 01, 2005

Day 5- Monday

I really am all in favour of a 4 day week, 3 day weekend. Must get round to proposing it at work soon...

Friday was a night in with beer. Shame because Friday is the busier night clubbing but none of my mates were out due to my recently-single-friend not wanting to see the ex. Was useful though as I just watched tv and recharged my batteries.

Did go out Saturday night to find out that one of my friends had indeed been out on Friday. Hmmph! Ah well, batteries were more or less recharged all the same. Saw someone really cute in both the pub and the club. I've seen the cutie out before but somehow or other there is a connection with my Ex. Don't think it's as strong a connection to be called 'mates', just think they know (or used to know ) each other. Nothing happened though as I was too busy watching the beer monster steal all of my money and keeping an eye out for my recently-single-friend's ex. Someone bought some red shots which were drunk, then I- on finding out the red shots were not Aftershock- bought more red shots, this time they were Aftershock. Anyhow, someone couldn't drink one so I had to have more. Damn...

Anyhow, my sister collected me from outside the club. It's very useful to have a sister who works as a door person occasionally! Free taxi home (would have been a very cheap night had it not been for the red shots!) perfectly timed as my recently-single-friend was starting to get a little too close which we would both have ended up regretting.

Why didn't I make a move on the cutie in the club?!?! It's going to be the airplane saga all over again!!! Ah well, it's not the first time that Ihave spied that particular cutie in that particular club so I shall just have to hope for this weekend!! Don't know if it'll be both nights or just one.

As a wee post-script, it turns out that after I left my recently-single-friend's ex did turn up, apparently wanting to stay mates with me and the others. This would cause problems naturally, not least because we didn't get on, but also because- no matter how long you go out with the same group of friends- unless something particularly heanous occurs you will always be 'partner-of-the-friend' and never really quite make it to 'friend'. As such my mate would always come first anyway, but as I say there's no contest here- I know which who I prefer.

First weekend in a very long while (in this country at least) that I have not had a text of any sort (let alone horny) off the Ex. Quite quite nice! I believe it is because the Ex has gone off with new fella camping. We used to camp so I hope the new fella didn't mind if he got taken to one of our old haunts. I'd have found it weird, but the Ex would not have understood why.

Speaking of texts, it's been a crackers weekend. No sooner had I stepped into the pub on Saturday than 3 of my old mates from Newcastle texted. One, who I fancy a wee bit, wanted to come down for a weekend. Good good. Another wanted my email just for an update and a third had moved to Manchester.

and so a bizarre, yet quiet weekend ends

No comments: