Monday, August 08, 2005

Monday Monday

in the words of the Carpenters

Ah, what a weekend. Friday was a bloody mess though Saturday improved somewhat. Sunday, as with most Sundays, didn't exist, except as the limbo before Monday.

Friday was a bit of a mess because I was quite tired anyway, then I didn't get chance for a wee nap before going out- because we were going out earlier which further compounded it- and also I stuck to the stronger lagers rather than moving to the weaker ones later on. This all meant that I was not in a fit state to remain in the club after 1, though in all fairness I did manage to keep the vomit very reduced and only in the front garden- not in the club, taxi or even any more in the house.

Whilst in the nightclub on Firday I bumped into an old friend from university who now lives and works down in Nottingham, so we had a good catch-up which would have been much improved i I could remember what we talked about, and had I not sent the text on leaving that I wish my bed wasn't so lonely!

Saturday was good though. Went out again, same mates (not the old friend from university lot, my usual Nottingham buddies) with a couple of new ones, one of whom blatantly fancied me but I managed to talk to other people for most of the time. Then one of my friends started chatting to someone even taller than me, and I got chatting too, and then it led to us kissing. However throughout the night I was having to constantly deny being a 'player'. I had no idea what a player was, but apparently it is someone who will go for just about anything. Not me- I'm actually quite picky. However, when we got back and undressed things weren't quite so pretty. Had a good night but it was the sort of night where it might have been better had we stayed fully dressed.

Well, the upshot of it is that I'm probably going to have to go on a date tomorrow night just to prove that I'm not a player. And I don't want to go because there isn't much, if any, attraction there. Well- it's my own fault. One date maybe, just to sort it out...

Did manage to weed the garden though. And popped round to my brother and sister-in-law's for a barbeque. They have a new kitten which is very sweet. My sister and her partner were round as well (though considerably late) and her partner spent a lot of time trying extremely hard to be funny. This is the same partner who has recently been on a course to be a stand-up comedian and is now starting on the club scene. He's lucky he knows club owners otherwise he wouldn't get bookings. He's constantly touching her as well- really irritating.

And so the tention builds....

No comments: