Monday, August 22, 2005

Monday (+1 week- apologies!)

Yes, Monday +1. This is because I have moved department temporarily and am in one of my bosses' seat, using the my bosses' computer. Didn't want to leave my trail all over it, however it's getting desperate now.

Where did I leave my life? Oh yes, went out with the ridiculously-tall-now-ex-date (the one who referred to 1st date as 2nd date all the time) and managed to supress that nice and fast. Well, almost... Considering as RTNED doesn't frequent the same clubs and me very often, there was a surprising presence over the following weekend (12-14- I ended up going out both nights again), although I managed to avoid any actual or virtual contact entirely, fortunately.

However the Friday night was the most FANTASTIC night in the history of the universe as someone that I've fancied for about 5 years was out clubbing. Basically the only problem with us going out up until recently was the fact that for most of the time I was at Uni, and then when I came back there was no sign of the Bloody-Fantastic-One as the BFO was in Australia. We used to live in the same village, and I was offered a car-ride back once but got too drunk. Still, getting sorted now.

Anyhow, on the Friday we got together, but unfortunately I had a sort of mate from Newcastle down who was staying in the spare room at mine so I couldn't go back. Did on Saturday though, only to sleep. no rudeness. But generally fantastic!!!

We went out again on thursday for a really nice meal and almost arranged Saturday but unfortunately something else cropped up, though not with me. May be out this Thursday, time permitting but it's a busy weekend what with Manchester.

My only concerns are that it seems a bit hot-and-cold. When we're together we can hardly keep our hands off each other, but when we're not it's me that has to ring up, and no matter how many texts I send I get brisk replies if any. I think it's perhaps just that some people are better at texting etc. than others, and I have to keep telling myself to be a little cautious and not to rush as it's still only just gone the first week. And of course it is inherent in my nature to fret and panic!

Anyhow, I was out on Saturday but with my usual friends. My Ex turned up for the first time in ages. Made polite conversation and then my excuses. And again. Third time the conversation was a little more in depth- why didn't I go round any more. Basically I said I didn't go round any more because I permanently felt awkward, and it could be a little difficult to explain to anyone I was going out with- which prompted the question was I going out with anyone. I think I side-stepped that, but I'm not sure... drink and all. Anyhow, what with the Bloody-Fantastic-One not being out, and my Ex being out and it being a relatively quiet night I made early excuses

Otherwise my time has been relatively uneventful. Work is entertaining at the minute though

No comments: