Well.......it's a bad day. And it's raining.
I had heard nothing about the possibility of a date last night so I rang at about 9 ish. It went through to answerphone.
I tried again at bout quart'ten and again it went through to answerphone so this time I left a message. Basically it said that I thought it had been really nice but that I could tell there wasn't going to be another date, although if I had got the wrong end of the stick to let me know and we'd go out again.
And I've heard nothing since.
There is a faint glimmer that maybe I'll get a phonecall when I get in tonight, that maybe evenings are the best time and a chat is needed, but it is a faint glimmer.
I just feel that, after all that time and effort, that there would be something more. I'm not blaming anyone, just that the spark obviously wasn't there which I would have thought it should have been. It's a real shame. I've not felt so gutted about a break-up in years, and this was only after second date! I didn't even feel this gutted over the end of the 9 month thing, although I was expecting that and was really frustrated anyway.
Anyhow, today's not been so great. Got nothing at all to do tonight as I cut the lawn and packed for the weekend last night on the hope that there would be a date tonight.
Still, 2 bits of good news- now back in my own office at work, and also found the nail file. I now have 2!
No comments:
Post a Comment