Quick apology: I didn't blog yesterday. This is because of a number of reasons, mostly connected to tiredness, a couple of examples of reasonings are that when i'm tired I prefer to sleep on the train (when I ususally blog) and also that I just can't think of anything inspiring when i'm tired.
Anyhow, today has been a good day so far.
When I got to my desk at work, feeling tired, worn, and definitely ready for a weekend. And there on the desk was a bottle of lovely wine and a large box of very nice chocolates. I had helped someone out at work with a problem with their bed. Nothing kinky, the bed had broken (again, nothing kinky I think, though I didn't pry too deeply on that) and the retailer was reluctant to refund or repair it. Anyhow, after I wrote a few letters the retailer backed down, and I was showered with a display of gratitude. Although one of my colleagues had rather cheekily scoped me out as to what wines I preferred on the pretence of organising a dinner party and - flatteringly - seeking my advice as to what wine was best to serve.
Add to that I got 7/7 on the quiz of the week's news and I was rather chuffed with the morning. The afternoon then involved completing a couple of su doku puzzles. And not just any su dokus, 'fiendish' su dokus. Good work.
One of the things I notice whilst doing the puzzles was that I favour certain numbers. With these particular puzzles I favoured 2, 5 and 9 and I kept returning to those numbers regardless of any of the others, and also regardless of the fact I had completed all of the 9s very early in one particular puzzle. I don't know why. In life I don't have favourite numbers (as with any superstition ibid) nor are the numbers always the same. I just get stuck on them. Who knows why.
Anyhow, combine all of this with a lovely hot, sunny day and it sets it all up for a lovely night... of nothingness. I have no plans for tonight. Well, except maybe the ironing which i've been putting off for weeks (nay, maybe even months)
No comments:
Post a Comment