Bleugh.
Yes, I know, it shouldn't be so. Having had a bank holiday on Monday means this week is a shorter week of four working days. And yet for some reason these weeks seem all the more bleugh.
Well, the early part at least. Anyone who knows me will know that Tuesdays are my least favourite day of the week. Mondays are copeable. Just. You're still on just enough of a high after the weekend to get through it. Wednesdays are the mid-week day: you know after Wednesday lunch that you have broken the back of the week. Thursday is so very nearly Friday and Friday is practically the weekend. But Tuesdays have nothing. They are as far away from a weekend as you can imagine.
And for some reason Bank Holiday Tuesdays are worse still. They are the worst bits of being back in on a Monday, bundled in with the nasty bits of Tuesday. You can't even think of Wednesday as being half-way through the week, because it's not. Only at Thursday do you start the downhill straight.
And I think Bank Holiday Tuesdays are exaggerated all the more because you know the weekend coming is a day shorter. You get a third less time off work than you've just had. It's just an anti-climax.
So that is why today is more bleugh than normal. But I have made it this far into the week so it can't all be bad. I was surprised at being able to get out of bed to be fair. I had a very energetic day yesterday. I have returned to jogging a couple of times a week for the summer. I don't particularly enjoy it, I do it purely to keep and feel fit. On a Thursday this involves jogging the 2miles from home to the train station, the two miles from the train station to work, and then the return in the evening.
On a Tuesday it differs when I have intentions to go to five-a-side because I need to get home even quicker. I have a very short amount of time to cook, ready myself and get out to the leisure centre that I have to maximise this by cycling to and from the train station at the home end. So, I cycle the two miles to the station, jog the two miles at the other, jog then cycle back at the end of the day; eat a small, quick meal, then cycle the 5 miles to football, play for 90 minutes, and cycle back. Thursdays are comparitively sedate! But I managed it. And I got some ironing done too.
Not bad for the worst day of the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment