So, I went to football training on Sunday.
It was the first time in eleven weeks. It was a legitimate break - I was not abstaining on any political or moral grounds particularly, although I was in a bit of an ennui with it. But mostly it was because of my various galavantings discussed here. Well, I was able to go again this week and so I did.
And how was it? Was it amazing? Was it terrible? Neither. But it was quite windy. I did enjoy it, but then again some of the people inspiring the ennui were not there.
It was a bit of an odd session actually. Previous occasions have seen many players turn up and us play 13 or 14-a-side to accommodate them all. There were only around 16 this session. And rather than having a full formal warm-up and a technique session at the start, we had a quick kickaround then went into a game.
One noticeable exception was my ex. I don't know why he wasn't there, nor am I particularly fussed either - he is his own man and I am mine. Also notably absent was the chairman who I haven't seen on football duty since the AGM where I was practically the only person to speak out. I didn't do so in a nasty way, it was purely to challenge some of the practices, but I fear it may have wrankled somewhat. In due course I may find out.
But I was happy to go along and feel knackered. Even if I didn't managed to get a decent touch-on (steady!) for the first half; I can at least still run, and my throw-ins are rather good. I'm sure I did one good pass and a couple of decent tackles. One of the things I am quite adept at though is the ability to boot the ball out. Unfortunately often when it would be better to keep it in.
But I've made the first step, which they say is the most difficult. The first step to regaining some of my fitness, and my Sunday night routine. It will be a bit of a bind stopping what I am doing at 4 o'clock on a Sunday afternoon, but that is easier now the nights are drawing in and 4 o'clock is around the limit of external workability. And I'm not off galavanting around for a few weeks (although I do have a very important birthday party to attend in a few weeks).
And how did the date on Thursday go, you may ask?
Well...
It was the first time in eleven weeks. It was a legitimate break - I was not abstaining on any political or moral grounds particularly, although I was in a bit of an ennui with it. But mostly it was because of my various galavantings discussed here. Well, I was able to go again this week and so I did.
And how was it? Was it amazing? Was it terrible? Neither. But it was quite windy. I did enjoy it, but then again some of the people inspiring the ennui were not there.
It was a bit of an odd session actually. Previous occasions have seen many players turn up and us play 13 or 14-a-side to accommodate them all. There were only around 16 this session. And rather than having a full formal warm-up and a technique session at the start, we had a quick kickaround then went into a game.
One noticeable exception was my ex. I don't know why he wasn't there, nor am I particularly fussed either - he is his own man and I am mine. Also notably absent was the chairman who I haven't seen on football duty since the AGM where I was practically the only person to speak out. I didn't do so in a nasty way, it was purely to challenge some of the practices, but I fear it may have wrankled somewhat. In due course I may find out.
But I was happy to go along and feel knackered. Even if I didn't managed to get a decent touch-on (steady!) for the first half; I can at least still run, and my throw-ins are rather good. I'm sure I did one good pass and a couple of decent tackles. One of the things I am quite adept at though is the ability to boot the ball out. Unfortunately often when it would be better to keep it in.
But I've made the first step, which they say is the most difficult. The first step to regaining some of my fitness, and my Sunday night routine. It will be a bit of a bind stopping what I am doing at 4 o'clock on a Sunday afternoon, but that is easier now the nights are drawing in and 4 o'clock is around the limit of external workability. And I'm not off galavanting around for a few weeks (although I do have a very important birthday party to attend in a few weeks).
And how did the date on Thursday go, you may ask?
Well...
No comments:
Post a Comment