Tuesday, November 08, 2011

NOvember addendum

Just a minor couple of additions really.

I suppose one of the reasons why I have guidelines rather than "rules" is that this way I can't "fail". But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a personal let-down. I would still be disappointed in myself.

Secondly, I failed to say why it was that I was doing it. There is no medical reasoning behind, I'm not dying or at risk of it if I don't have a break; and it is not - as someone help fully suggested - "so you can get your kids back off the social". I do not have kids. Well, not that I know of. No, it's just to give the liver and kidneys a bit of a break before Christmas and to reset the balance. You see, there has been a constant drip of increasingly insidious intervention of booze.

Once upon a time I used to only drink on Friday and Saturday nights. Then I started football and started drinking on a Sunday.

At around the same time a group of friends started going out on a Monday too.

Whilst I did stop going out on a Monday with that group, I ended up drinking at home on a Thursday - it started because I started seeing someone on one of the trains and we would go for drinks on a Thursday night. Then, when we stopped, the train went through a period of a few months where it would regularly be late on a Thursday. So I would pop to the local shop and buy a sandwich and a beer. And then it just got ingrained - it was Thursday, it was nearly the weekend, why not.

And then a few of us started doing a pub quiz on a Wednesday night. And before I knew it I was drinking every night except Mondays and Tuesdays. And that was only because I had stopped going out on Mondays.

So I just needed a readjustment; and hopefully when NOvember is over I will go back to just Friday, Saturday the occasional Sunday, and special occasions during the week.

No comments: