So, I've kept you on tenterhooks after Friday... how did the date go?!
Well, we met up at 8:30pm and talked continuously until we parted at 12:30 (well, aside from toilet and bar breaks, obviously), so that was a positive. And it was banal talk about television or anything like that; we talked politics, economics, psychology, sociology and such like. Really interesting (for me) conversation.
But, I don't know. There still is no direct desire, no desperate urge, no burning passion. And I was looking for it, trying to want him, trying to find something absolutely irresistable, trying to find him gorgeous. And he should be: he's certainly not unattractive, there's nothing immediate that I can put my finger on that is 'wrong' with him, no obvious flaw. The only slight annoyance was that on a couple of occasions, particularly towards the end of the evening when the beer had been given the opportunity to experiment, he kept gripping my leg between his knees, should it fall there. It almost felt a bit desperate, a bit clingy. And it wasn't as though I needed to be kept, as though I was clawing to get away: the conversation was scintilating enough by itself.
When we parted it was snog-free; we had a hug. And it wasn't disappointing. I didn't go in for more, only to be frustrated or embarrassed. I didn't want to, but not because I was repulsed. It just felt natural to just hug.
I have a third opportunity to make a decision on where this goes: there is a tentative date booked for Saturday night. It is tentative in case I decide against it or in case I get a better offer (I am out on Friday night so who knows where I will wake up). But after Saturday I really do need to make a decision because that is third date, and you have to make a decision on third date as to whether you are 'going with' because them's The Rules. It's not fair on anyone to carry on after that not knowing what is happening or where you are. It doesn't men you have to fall out: you can stay as friends and meet up as such, but it really should be decision time.
But at least I don't count it as a wasted Friday
No comments:
Post a Comment