So, last week I went on my iDate and somehow secured another date tonight, although I am slightly wary.
So, the logic behind it goes thus: we had an enjoyable time on our first date; why not have a second ... on a day when we don't have to be up for work in the morning, such as a Friday night. As such we would be able to drink more and stay out later (providing we have both let our mothers know what time we are going to be home). So why am I wary?
Well, firstly because I only have two nights per week where I don't have to be up early the next day. Do I really want to be sacrificing one of those evenings for a date? This weekend I already have plans for the Saturday night with one group of friends; but what if another group gets in contact? What if I'm tired and want to stay home and watch movies on my own? What if the date goes badly and I end up going home, alone, and wasting the night being forced to watch movies on my own because I couldn't make other plans?
And this is all before considering whether a second date is sensible in any event. I know full well that I am not appropriate dating-fodder. I know what will happen - once we have bonked I will get bored and irritated by him pretty quickly and end it. And this chap seems nice - too nice to do that (although that hasn't stopped me in the past where I have crushed quite a few lovely people in my apparent desire to avoid getting tied-down). But I am also not sure if he is 'nice enough'. There was no overwhelming desire to grab him, rip his clothes off and bugger him senseless. Maybe I should persist for a couple of reasons: he may be a 'grower'; and in any respect I need to get more experience dating people so they don't irritate me quite so easily. But then maybe I should also blow him off for a couple of reasons: the lack of desire and the risk of damage.
Anyhow, matters improved slightly last weekend when he sent me a message to say that he was unable to do Friday and could I meet on Sunday instead. This at least removed my concern as to sacrificing a weekend night (Sunday clearly being a school-night), albeit that it kind of defeated the object of having the date at a weekend to get drunk and stay out late. But it wasn't as though I would be doing anything else. Only it was: a family meal. My mother is back from France for a while. She hasn't argued with my dad (or at least she says she hasn't) she was just getting bored out there whilst they wait for the house to sell so came back. But that means it is one of the rarer occasions when there is almost the entire family available for a meal.
So, when he came back to me and said that his Friday had now been freed up and we could do Friday or Sunday it threw everything into a further quandry. I now had to make two decisions:
- whether I wanted a second date at all?
- If so, whether I was to kill a Friday night or a family meal for it?
Let's just hope I don't wake up naked.
No comments:
Post a Comment