I know, I've caved in.
Anyhow, thought I'd start this as I have to relay messages to everyone and this will be quicker.
Last week was hectik- REALLY mad in that I got at least 36 different trains, what with everything that happened. Was in Newcastle last weekend- a nice but uneventful one. Leeds throughout the week for a trial, which was also goo as I got to catch up with Susie not once but twice. I was supposed to have a first date on Thursday, but glands got in the way. Not mine fortunately! After the unfortunate knee incidents a couple of weeks ago I think glands are going to be a regular problem there!!
Anyhow, I was a bit gutted butt it did allow time for my recently acquired black-eye to subside. Nothing macho (though my boss did think it made me look 'butch' and he's married) just an injury with a door. I know- it's what battered wives say! I didn't walk into it, it came to get me.
On Friday, having been at court all morning I was supposed to be off to London to see a mate down there. Well, Friday was 7 July 2005 and as such trains were on a restricted service. That complied with the fact I'd left my wallet and keys at home made for a run-round afternoon, however I managed to get down. Walked off the train and into a sea of hi-vis jackets, with the occasional cameraman or journalist in there. On the way home on Sunday it had subsided slightly, and the first-aid post had given way to a flowerbed. Probably the most chilling part of the weekend was travelling on the tube to Camden Market- it had to pass through King's Cross, though without stopping. Everyone looked out of the train with a sobering silence down the walk-ways where the Underground-standard tiles had been blasted from the tunnel walls and ceilings.
Friday night we went out round King's Cross. It was very quiet to start with, then people obviously decided a drink was necessary and it busied up to not too far off normal. We had vouchers to get into the club free- saving £7; however the taxi cost us £7 each to get to the club in time to get in free.
Saturday was more eventful. Went ot a few bars first, the last of which had a tranny who poured shots down people's throats. Something for nothing I thought, expecting schnapps only to be burned with cold hard tequilla. Still, it's a tonic for a hardly soul. On leaving the same bar I bumped into my 'first date'. (if it were 'my first date' it could almost be a Tomy toy!). I had suspicions that the date was returning back to London from having been down the previous week to meet someone, and it wasn't helped that- despite the promise of 'I'll text you to let you know where I'll be'- no text was received during the night.
My spirits were slightly lifted however when clubbing and a school-attired pretty thing came up and chatted 'because someone had to make the move'. However these little highs are soon dashed down with the usual 'I'm just popping to the toilet' only to later find those lying little lips on someone else's mouth.
I have been convinced by Brian that it's because I wasn't local enough- on being told that I wasn't from London and I only pop down occasionally the response was 'Oh, you look so at home here and you seem to know your way around. I'm just popping to the toilet...' At home I may seem, however it suggests an amount of stalkerish tactics as it would be difficult to look lost on the basis purely of the club. Maybe I'd been followed all evening?!? All weekend??!? All WEEK- now that would take determination, not to mention so fast connections! However perhaps in this day some people are still looking for a long-term relationship. Shame!
Ah well, 'first date' has been rearranged for tomorrow, leaving very little time for packing- indeed just tonight, what I can grab of tomorrow evening, and a wee while on Wed evening, before having to get up at 5 on Thurs to fly. Still, it's not a holiday if you don't get up early. And my sister who is to chauffer will not be up at 5 either and will want to drive all the way down to Watford with the top down and loud dance music. Still, unlike Canute I'm not willing to get my feet wet and will bite my tongue for the sake of peace. The tongue that is already well bitten from just 3 days without the parents and already a bombsite......
No comments:
Post a Comment