Well, when it's me who's on the date.
So, in the last post I said I'd kinda gotten my eye on someone. Well I do. And he's cute and lovely and stuff.
And we've been on...
Well...
I'm not sure what.
We've seen each other out quite a lot. That's half the bind of tiny-town-scene. But then we got chatting online, and - eventually - we got to the stage where he suggested we should meet up.
Meet up.
Is that a date?
Well, I forgot to ask. I was so giddy at the suggestion, I didn't think of the technicalities. I know: and me a solicitor.
So anyhow, we arranged a day and time to meet up and did so. And it was lovely and stuff. We chatted for ages and drank a lot of tea.
It was lovely.
But was it a date?
I don't know. It seemed to, and we agreed we had to do it again.
Which we did.
Eventually.
It took a good few weeks because I kept going to London and he kept going home, but we got there and we met up for ... tea, again. Two dates, zero alcohol. This has to be a record for me, particularly as we are both drinking when we see each other out. But, after uncertainty of which day would be most suitable, once that was confirmed I forgot to sure up weather it was a date or not.
You'd have thought I'd have learned from the first time. But this is me. And I didn't.
So we met up a second time and drank tea and it was lovely and stuff. And I still have no idea if it was a date or not.
I asked my friend and he asked a couple of questions:
Was it expressly "not a date. Just friends"? No, it wasn't.
Was it just the two of us? Yes.
Were there long prolonged periods of eye contact where we almost expected to kiss? Um, yeah.
Did it feel like a date? Well, yes, it did, kinda.
Was it just the two of us? Yes.
Were there long prolonged periods of eye contact where we almost expected to kiss? Um, yeah.
Did it feel like a date? Well, yes, it did, kinda.
So he suggests it was a date. Well, it was two dates.
[this post was written on 28 April]
No comments:
Post a Comment