Thursday, August 30, 2012

Too many weekends away

I am very much looking forward to September. I have quite a few weekends at home.

It's been a while, and that is one of the reasons I have been off the boil with the blog.

Since returning from my holiday during April I have had 8 weekends away

I have had three weekends down in London - one for the Olympics, two for courses and visiting friends.

I have had two weekends up in Newcastle - one for a wedding and one for a birthday.

I have had a weekend in Carlisle for a stag do.

I have had a weekend at a festival in Staffordshire.

And this last weekend I was in Manchester for at least part of it.

Of the nine weekends I have had at home:

One has been taken up with a local festival

One involved my sister-in-law's birthday

One involved a friend coming up to visit for the weekend

One involved meeting up with a friend.

So that is pretty much six vacant weekends over the last 5 months (21 weekends) holiday included. That is actually about three more than I was expecting before I started totting up.

I am pretty near exhausted.

Even those weekends that I had at home involved preparing for other weekends - doing any shopping required for festival essentials or birthday presents and such like.

And the weeks haven't been quiet. The weekend before last, for example, I was at V Festival. We left on Friday, very early in the morning, so everyone came round to mine Thursday straight after work for pizza and an early night. Due to a mishap of timing I put myself down for my monthly charity work shift last Wednesday. This meant that I had to spend Monday and Tuesday night packing and tidying and sorting the house and sofabed for my friends staying over.

And then the following week involved sorting the stuff out after the festival: airing out and folding the tent, undertaking lots of washing, packing things away, making list of things that I have used, lost or damaged and need replacing. And then there is uploading photos onto Facebook and just generally getting my life back in order.

September - astoundingly - seems to have four out of five of the weekends vacant.

At the moment.

No comments: