So, remember Technomelt 1? Well, it gets better!
So, I have the bedroom computer sorted. Turns out it was a well-known problem with that brand of hard-drive and that version of Windows.
So that has sorted.
And with the netbook - well, I now have a netbook that works, but I haven't had chance to sort out the proper 1TB hard-drive for it yet, nor adjust all the various settings and whatnot. But it's getting there.
Smartphone? Well, somewhere between Samsung and their repairers Intercity that has gone AWOL. So I am still without smartphone. Not very smart of either Samsung nor Intercity really.
I have excelled myself by leaving my battered old standby phone on the train. It has been handed in to the lost property and should be returned to me by Tuesday; but it means a weekend either of unadulterated freedom; or of randomly shouting angryily at people in the street because I have no other contact with humanity.
Oh, and the router has started playing up. I'm not sure if it is the router or Tesco Broadband. I have a feeling it is the router not having been given the correct settings, but if Tesco will give out crap G-rated routers (with my 'normal' number of connected devices chattering amongst themselves I need N-rated) then I have to use my own; and their customer services don't go all-out to check the settings (though they are lovely people to speak to.
One of these days...
No comments:
Post a Comment