Saturday, July 14, 2012

An unacceptable hiatus

I had every single intention of blogging at least once this week.

However...

My lovely little netbook is currently in many pieces scattered around my lounge.

A couple of weekends ago I went down to London, and at some stage over the weekend I fell asleep with a can of lager in hand whilst using the netbook. Of course, I awoke to find the can of lager on its side and empty, and my netbook malfunctioning.

This is not a dire situation. Everything bar a couple of unimportant documents was backed up, so I have lost nothing other than the hours I am without it, and the hours it will take to recover it.

And so it is that I can't blog on the train, where I normally would. Indeed I have had to resort to a very old portable MP3 player and - get this - BOOKS. In this digital era I have returned to paper and ink for my entertainment.

Restoration to the matter is in order: a new hard-drive is within the ether or the physical delivery services, and should be with me this week.

However, in the meantime the lists extend. Both the list of jobs which I need to, having been added to with a number of net-book related inclusions (replace hard-drive; wash keyboard etc.) and the existing list not being diminished by the corresponding number of hours by which the netbook has distracted me (no gardening has been undertaken this week for example). But it also means that the list of things about which I wish to blog has extended and not diminished. Maybe - hopefully - next week I shall start reducing my obligations.

No comments: