Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Brand new year, Brand new me

I know I don't make new year resolutions, but as I said, this year I've been inspired for a new start. Daft things like I said. So here they are:
New toothbrush
New toothpaste
New soap
New hairgel
New razor (since replaced, obviously)
New bedsheets
New pyjamas
New matress topper (though this was a Christmas present)
New washing up liquid
New sponge
New dish drainer
New layout it the kitchen (well, changed as much as I am able to until I can move fridge, sink and oven; the 'Holy Trinity' as they are known.)
New pegs
No washing or ironing (though obviously some has since accumulated)
New mayonnaise
New tartar sauce,
New jam,
New pickle. In fact whole new policy with regard to the fridge to ensure it isn't cluttered with jars of things never used.
Changed electric and gas supplier
Changed telephone and broadband provider (currently leaving me without broadband and at the mercies of the mobile app)
Changed bank
Changed credit card provider
New way to walk to the train station
New way to walk back from the train station
New way to walk into town
No new job yet, but apllications submitted and continuing.
New weekly routine, including nights to concentrate on job applications, DIY, projects and house-jobs (the notion of washing up daily soon lapsed).
A new nightly routine ensuring jobs are finished by 10:30pm then bathing (showering is reserved - despite the magnificence of the powershower and cubicle - to occasions where I don't have time to bath, either because of the lateness or the ensuing rush), to then do some work on one of my projects for an hour to then go to bed, read and hopefullly turn out the light before midnight.
Booze reduced.
Exercise though not specifically included in the BNY-BNM ethos, and aside from the suspension due to the operation, is still going well, and will go better once the brand new swimming pool opens in a few weeks.
And this is all the 'actual' changes, regardless of my any change of mental figurmentation

No comments: