So, today should be five-a-side day, but I'm not going.
Rebel.
Well, not really. I'm not going for one particular reason - I'm already busy tomorrow night. You will already be aware that I have regular routines, and that usually means that I can only free-up one night during the week to do something different, something radical. More about what excitement I am up to tomorrow night in tomorrow's posting (or maybe Thursday's). But needless to say that means that my usual jobs cleaning the bathroom (or something equally as gripping) have been shifted to tonight and football has been sacrificed as a result.
I'm not disappointed though.
I've been getting a bit fed-up with football for a while now. I think it is time I took a break.
Obviously I have already commented in this post and again in this post about my frustration with lack of play. But I think the major reason is me. I get bored with things easily. Whilst routines and such like are all very nice, they are also very mundane; and one of the joys of having a routine is that a change really is as good as a rest.
I am quite a volatile sort of person when it comes down to it. I have major ebbs and flows of moods. It's not good. It makes me look like a nutter. But it's really just out of boredom. I think this is one of the reasons I have so many diverse hobbies. I think it may also be a contributing factor as to why I am single. It certainly explains why I can't sit still at night long enough to watch an entire tv show, let alone a film.
The last time I got football fatigue it fortunately coincided with having my jaw broken for me by a group of chaps as I was walking home one night from a nightclub. I could therefore have my break from football whilst my break was setting. Well, breaks. I ended up with two bits of metal in my gob. So I had six months out. Not that anyone at football seemed to notice. Actually, that's not quite fair - three or four of my close friends there did, but otherwise no-one from the club was in contact.
This time my fatigue has coincided with Exciting August. Every year I fill my August with busyness and excitingness. In fact this year Exciting August has overspilled into both July and September. It involves a few fun weekends at home sprinkled amongst weekends away in London, Manchester, Brighton, and a field in Staffordshire for V Festival. All of which means that I wouldn't have time (or in many cases even the possibility) to get to football even if I wanted. I'm hoping that at the end of all of that excitement I will be reinvigourated and return to football with a fervoured vigour.
Or at least some form of communicable disease.
No comments:
Post a Comment