So, it turns out I needn't have bothered worrying about being on my own at the festival - I was for pretty much 90% of the time.
Here's a rundown in stats and facts:
FOUR hours journey time there on Friday
TWO and a half hours sat stationary in traffic
NINE am - the first alcoholic drink on Friday (in the car on the way there)
ONE pm - the last alcoholic drink on Monday (in the car on the way back)
ELEVEN am - actual arrival at the site
TWELVE noon - time my tent was fully setup after trekking with kit for miles, exchanging ticket for wristband and finding a spot.
THREE photos of me asleep before everyone was properly set up and organised
THREE hours of proper sleep over the entire weekend (probably)
TWENTY cans of lager taken with me
ELEVEN cans returned with: no lagers, but three cans of bitter and eight of diet cherry cola.
THIRTY pints of lager drunk
TWELVE bottles of lager drunk
THREE little bottles of wine drunk
UNKNOWN amounts of strawberry pear cider and vodka consumed (as well as a few tequillas)
TWO pot mashes eaten
TWO pot mashes brought back uneaten
TWO sausages in a cup
EIGHT small sausages and a burger out of a tin eaten over the weekend (along with other bits and bobs), but
ZERO proper meals consumed over the weekend (there was a chicken sandwich thing but that doesn't count as a proper meal)
ZERO times I used a portaloo - just urinals again this year!
ZERO times I had sex this weekend
FOUR hundred and seventy eight photos taken
FIVE different coloured bodypaints worn over the weekend (yellow, orange, green, pink, purple)
SIX randoms sat on my shoulders throughout the weekend
UNKNOWN numbers of randoms met over the weekend
TWO items which didn't make it back: chair and a pair of espadrilles, although the musical coolbag nearly didn't as well
ZERO silly hats bought, though there very nearly was one - this is why I shouldn't be left on my own with money near a silly-hat-stalls
NINE am tomorrow the tickets go on sale for next year... and yes, I am buying!
I saw:
Saturday
Wolf Gang (on my own - my friends took until we reached the main arena entrance to decide they wanted to go to the car to charge their mobiles. We did eventually regroup... some three hours later)
Emma's Imagination (on my own)
Noisettes (on my own)
Ellie Goulding (on my own)
N-Dubz (with friends!!!)
Hurts (back on my own)
Fenech Soler (on my own)
Rihanna (on my own)
Eminem (on my own)
Sunday
Bruno Mars (with friends! But it was Sunday and we had already missed a lot of bands due to just sitting around drinking)
Example (back on my own again)
Jessie J (on my own)
Plan B (on my own)
Chase and Status (guess what... yep, on my own!)
However all of this belies what an actually fantastic time I did have, and I did actually spend a lot of time with my friends around the campsites.
No comments:
Post a Comment